The 8 I’d Really Rather You Didn’ts
1. I’d really rather you didn’t act like a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou ass when describing my Noodly Goodness. If some people don’t believe in me, that’s okay. Really, I’m not that vain. Besides, this isn’t about them so don’t change the subject.
2. I’d really rather you didn’t use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don’t require sacrifices and purity is for drinking water, not people.
3. I’d really rather you didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this in your thick heads: woman = person. Man = person. Samey-samey. One is not better than the other, unless we’re talking about fashion and I’m sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.
4. I’d really rather you didn’t indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age and mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is go f*** yourself, unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change.
5. I’d really rather you didn’t challenge the bigoted, misogynist, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the b******.
6. I’d really rather you didn’t build multimillion-dollar churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my Noodly Goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
a. Ending poverty
b. Curing diseases
c. Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable
I might be a complex-carbohydrate omniscient being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I am the creator.
7. I’d really rather you didn’t go around telling people I talk to you. You’re not that interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can’t you take a hint?
8. I’d really rather you didn’t do unto others as you would have them do unto you if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather / lubricant / lass Vegas. If the other person is into it, however (pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of mike, wear a condom! Honestly, it’s a piece of rubber. If I didn’t want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something.
As an ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I’d really rather you didn’t profess tenets that must be followed.
By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma.
I may have worded the post wrongly, I hope I have fixed it now.
That, Rev.Andrew, is why they are called “The ‘I’d Really Rather You Didn’ts” rather than the Tenents, Articles of Faith, the Commandments, the ……
Blessed are the pasta makers.
Pingback: Al Dente: Conclusion | 2ITG 2017
I love it
Just what is the cutoff size for midgets anyway?
I can not related to any or all of the above as my Telegraph/thoroughly absorbent paper is locked in the toilet 🤔
I do like 6 however, and will abide by them all 👍
Im having spaghetti for dinner, rather than turkey, on thanksgiving day. I feel much better eating spaghetti than stupid bird parts.
All hail the great monster, or not if you wish. I think he is a very nice creator. I love his fusilli logic.